Thursday, June 3, 2010

The video we watched in class today was about how people have different learning styles. It explains how people can be visual learners, audio learners, and kinesthetic learners. It also explained how people cannot learn through seeing or hearing. It explained how students only learn things are based on learning.

I'm not quite sure I agree with the point the video was trying to get across. I don't think that teachers should teach every student the same way. I do believe that teaching students content with life experiences is a very effective way for many people. Almost everyone I know would learn how to fix a tire by actually fixing a tire than watching someone else or listening to someone explain how to fix a tire. I do think that having students actually put the content of what a teacher is teaching into their daily lives is the best way to learn for everyone. But I still believe that some people learn differently. Some learn better when shown a picture or video, and some learn better just listening to someone else talk about it.

I really liked the video we watched even though I'm still not convinced. I like to hear both sides of every story. It gives me a better chance of making my own decision on what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment