Monday, May 24, 2010

Software Video

The video we watched today in class was about a real class who was using a software called Microsoft Image Composer. The class is a high school photography class. The students use the digital cameras and the software to take pictures of the students and school activities and post the pictures in collages on the school website.

I think that this type of project is good for the school as a whole. I think it is fun for the students doing the project and I'm sure that parents and students would enjoy seeing the pictures of the school activities taking place. However I do think that today most students would not need much instruction on how to do take digital pictures and make collages, at least not for a whole year. I think that it would be a nice background project for the students. But not the only project being worked on.

Something I would have added to the project would be maybe taking pictures and printing them out for the parents or students of to school to purchase for a couple dollars. It would give the students some practice with printing pictures. Also I might incorporate video. I would have students pick and choose events that could be recorded and put up on the internet and maybe put on DVD's for students to purchase also. Events such as athletics, school dances, and assembly's.

No comments:

Post a Comment