Thursday, May 27, 2010

The video that we watched during class was about students finding their resting heart rate and exercise heart rate.

This video showed several types of technology. One of the technologies used was a heart rate monitor the students wore on their wrist and they talk about other types of heart rate monitors. The teacher also used an overhead projector and asked the students to fill out a graph that I'm assuming she either found or created on the computer.

I really enjoyed this video because I am a health education major. I found the lesson to be fun for the students and helpful for them to understanding how the body works and how we measure how well our body is working. I think what the objectives of this particular lesson was to help the students understand their own bodies better. Also to understand how everyones bodies are not the same, to understand that everyone is different.

If I were to do the same lesson I would have changed several techniques. I like the watch heart rate monitors that the teacher used but I think I would have spent some time helping the student learn how to count their own heart rate and another students. I think learning how to take a heart rate manually would be more helpful for the students in the future, because most people don't purchase digital heart rate monitors for exercise. I also would have incorporated into the lesson, all of the different places the heart rate could be measured. I think that instead of having the students doing a step exercise I would have taken the students on a brisk walk outside the school, especially if it was nice outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment